Sunday, January 2, 2011

One More Round

    Like George Costanza after eating Kramer's mango, "I'm back, baby!" (yes, I'm using George's "babys" now). First thing I'd like to say is thank you to all the people concerned about my brief sabbatical. This Holiday season was unfortunately filled with screaming, yelling, accusations, recriminations, crying, hair pulling, bouts of drunkenness...and that was just me; or as Courtney Love calls it, "Tuesday night". But like my recent case of hemorrhoids that's all behind me now. Part of the problem was that in deciding to tackle 35 bowl games in 25 days I was, like Mama Cass and that fateful ham sandwich, biting off more than I could chew. This time around we'll focus on only one bowl, the Super Bowl, and aim our sarcastic, cynical, gimlet-soaked eye at the teams competing for that prize. If you've been here before you know the drill: slightly off-center team previews accented with a helping of sophomoric humor and topped by several superfluous, suggestive cheerleader pics. We'll follow that with our "Against The Spread" selections (which by the way went 6-2 in college bowls before I did a Dave Chappelle, Season 3 on this site). So thanks for coming back or dropping by for the first time.The liquor cabinet is locked, the Paxil subscription has been refilled and hopefully I'll be here through the Lombardi Trophy presentation. See ya Monday.